- Dimensions: (LxWxH) 4.45m × 2.25m × 2.55m / height 4.5m with the wind turbine pole extended
- Weight: 1200kg when empty / 1900kg with full water tanks
- Installed power output: wind 750W, solar 600W
- Gross floor area: 8.2m2
- Usable floor area: 6.3m2
- Battery capacity: 10 kWh (default option)
The Ecocapsule body is made from high-capacity insulated fiberglass shells overlaid on an aluminum framework.
ENERGY PRODUCTION SYSTEM
- Low-noise wind turbine on telescopic pole, braced, height approximately 4.5m (14.7 ft) when extended, installed power output 750W.
- High efficiency solar panels on the roof, installed power output 600W.
- Basic system: 12V/24V, sockets 110/230V
- Electric installation: Electric cabinet, cable system, sockets, switches, sensors
- Batteries: min. 10kWh
- Lighting: 12V, LED lights
- Lightning protection
- Optional equipment: mini fridge, mini washing machine
- External connection to 110/230V network
HEATING AND VENTILATION SYSTEM:
- Floor heating. Optional AC unit with low energy consumption will be available with the second generation Ecocapsule.
- Direct ventilation via windows, indirect via passive heat recuperation unit. Water heater for kitchen and sanitary usage.
CONTROL SYSTEM AND INTERNET:
- Smart home system and sensors
- Home system interface: Tablet app
- Data network connection (within 2G/3G/4G coverage)
WATER FILTRATION SYSTEM
Water is collected, filtered and available at your convenience. The Ecocapsule bathroom works like any other bathroom and is equipped with a water saving faucet and shower head. The water storage tank has a high capacity and you can add water from any source – either collected rainwater or water from any other external source (stream, lake, camp water, etc.). It is cleaned via a series of filters including a reverse osmosis filter. This system filters out 99,998% of dirt, so you are left with clean, usable water. Drinking water is also provided by filters installed on the faucets.
The toilet is waterless, composting and separating. We are working on an incineration toilet for our second generation Ecocapsule units.
Our furniture is made from lightweight honeycomb panels with a wood veneer finish. The furniture includes a desk, cabinets, racks, folding bed with mattress (2m x 1.45m when unfolded), kitchenette cabinets and baggage cabinet.